Customer Service Employee
Do you have experience as a Customer Care Employee? Are you seeking a job where you can continue to develop yourself? Do you want to be a key player between customers and the organization? Are you the person of contact for customers, enjoying handling customer inquiries quickly and effectively? Do you want to ensure that customers are well assisted and guided from the initial contact to the contract? Do you enjoy working in a medium-sized, young logistics company in the port of Rotterdam? Then come work at Odin!
In this role as a Customer Service Employee, you will work within the Commercial Business Unit and be responsible for actively guiding the customer. Answering questions, ensuring the customer is entered into various systems, and supporting the Business Manager and Account Manager in planning and addressing customer questions. You act as a key figure during the onboarding of the customer, emphasizing the importance of efficiently serving new customers by the company.
Daily tasks include:
– Collaborating with Odin teams to ensure optimal customer service delivery.
– Being the primary contact point for the organization for customer inquiries.
– Supporting operational visits, such as stock counting.
– Inviting (new) customers to register as debtors and facilitating the connection between AFAS and Softpak, creating user accounts for new customers.
– Providing training to new portal users.
– Ensuring that all inquiries are answered on the same day, but at least within 24 hours of receipt.
– Managing the customer service email inbox according to the designated procedure.
You will collaborate with various departments and customers, having the freedom to perform your work in a way that suits you and is beneficial for Odin. The ability to work independently, proactively take on tasks, and execute them is crucial. It is a genuinely Rotterdam port company where a ‘hands-on’ mentality takes precedence.
What do you bring?
– Minimum MBO level in the field of logistics.
– Experience in logistics is essential.
– Customer-friendly, clear, and able to work under time pressure.
– Possession of a driver’s license and car to reach locations in the port.
What can you expect from us?
In addition to a competitive salary, we are an organization that cares for its employees. There are opportunities to develop personally and contribute ideas about solutions and innovations for Odin’s future.
What do you get?
– 32-40 hours employment
– A competitive salary
– 24 vacation days based on a full-time position
– A favorable pension scheme with ASR, where you, as an employee, contribute partially, and we, as the employer, also contribute, optionally including partner pension and survivor benefits insurance.
– A digital learning environment with at least 200 e-learning training sessions, allowing you to continue developing both professionally and personally.
How to Apply?
If you are interested, please send a letter with a relevant CV to email@example.com. For questions about the content of the position, you can contact Luc Stikkelbroeck at tel: 06 3980 1352.